MCB undergraduates, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, faculty, and staff lead, establish, and contribute to a wide range of outreach efforts, both locally and internationally.
Outreach initiatives led by members of the MCB community include (but are not limited to):
- LabXchange, a platform that provides digital content for science classes
- the COVED portal, founded by undergraduate Evelyn Wong
- Program for Scientifically-Inspired Leadership (PSIL), founded by Dominic Mao
- The MCO Summer Internship Program, which provides internship opportunities to undergraduates
- The Journal of Stories in Science, founded by Fanuel Muindi and his collaborators at the STEM Advocacy Institute (SAi)
- Clubes de Ciencia
- The Amgen Biotechnology Experience, led by Robert Lue
Individuals from the MCB Community also participate in initiatives such as Science in the News (SITN) and author public-facing articles for news outlets.