Application forms are available here:
TF/TA POSITIONS FOR Fall 2020
Life Sciences 1a: An Integrated Introduction to the Life Sciences: Chemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology
Life Sciences 1a is a course that integrates general chemistry, organic chemistry, cell biology, and molecular biology at the introductory level. The course is large (typically about 320 students), with the majority of students being freshmen. The focus is on the fundamental features of living systems, with topics including intermolecular interactions, thermodynamics, acidity, (first-order) kinetics, the central dogma, cell signaling, enzyme catalysis, and drug design. These concepts are then applied to the treatment of HIV infection.
- Lectures: 9/3/2020 – 12/3/2020
- Section: 9/9/2020 – 12/4/2020
- Attend all lectures.
- Attend all staff meetings
- Prepare and lead one discussion/laboratory section (~3 hours) per week(12 sections in total; size: ~16 students)
- Grade and return assignments (i.e. problem sets, lab assignments, course project)
- Hold office hours (1 hour/week/section).
- Proctor midterms and/or final exam, potentially help pre-run exams.
- Attend two days of TF training in August (8/10 & 8/11)
Total commitment is 10-12 hours per week
Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your CV. We will be conducting interviews and hiring primarily in the months of May and June.
None listed. Email individual instructors to inquire about opportunities.